Re: [AMBER] Distorted waters in restrained mini

From: Maura Catherine Mooney <mmooney05.qub.ac.uk>
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2011 23:34:31 +0100

Hi Carlos,

I dont remember doing anything specific in xleap to get these 4 cryst waters to have 'normal' geometry. They are present in the original pdb file. Do you think it is strange that amber treats these this way? I'm little experienced in this area, and always open for discussions, advice or suggestions. Would you expect xleap to treat any residue called WAT with a TIPxP model, or could it be that because it not's part of the solvation carried out in xleap it is treated as the 'normal' water.

Maura