[AMBER] loadPdb segmentation fault

From: Massimiliano Porrini <M.Porrini.ed.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 17:18:51 +0100

Dear Amber Mailing Listers,

I am trying to create a modified residue to introduce in my peptide.
Specifically it is about a serine at the neutral C-terminus, that is I added
a proton to the terminal -COO^- group.

After having calculated charges with Gaussian03 (following the RESP procedure
of the "Tutorial A1: Setting up a DNA-Ligand System") and created the
library file for the residue (enclosed in this email, seh.lib) I tried to
upload it in the whole peptide but unfortunately I got a "segmentation fault".
Below the series of commands I used:

:~>tleap
>source leaprc.ff99SBildn
>set default PBradii mbondi2
>loadOff seh.lib
>peptide = loadPdb peptide.pdb

$AMBERHOME/bin/tleap: line 8: 5540 Segmentation fault
$AMBERHOME/bin/teLeap -I$AMBERHOME/dat/leap/prep
-I$AMBERHOME/dat/leap/lib -I$AMBERHOME/dat/leap/parm
-I$AMBERHOME/dat/leap/cmd $*

Any hint would be really appreciated.

Best regards,

--
Dr Massimiliano Porrini
Institute for Condensed Matter and Complex Systems