Re: [AMBER] Ligands and cofactors in enzymes

From: Gustavo Seabra <gustavo.seabra.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 12:37:02 -0300

I'm no expert on this step, so I ask someone in the list to correct me
if I'm wrong.

I believe when you load the Mol2 file LEaP will use it only as a
"template" to built the force field terms and add missing atoms. If
you then load a PDB containing your system (enzyme + cofactor), LEaP
will automatically add missing atoms according to the template, but
will get structure from the PDB file. Assuming it recognizes the
molecule as the one described by the Mol2 file, it will add the
correct parameters as well. (Anyone?)

Good luck,
Gustavo Seabra
Professor Adjunto