Re: [AMBER] ambertools 1.2 compilation error on Debian Linux

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 11:39:13 -0400

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011, Francesco Pietra wrote:

> Attempted installation of amber10/ambertools1.2 on a new machine with
> recent Debian GNU-Linux amd64 wheezy, gcc 4.6.1; gfortran 4.6.1 was
> met with failure at ambertools1.2 installation step.

It's not quite clear (to me!) what the real status of gcc 4.6.1 is (my version
says "prerelease", but macports may be slow in updates). In any event, this
version is much stricter about C++ compliance, and does more error checking
in the gfortran stage, than earlier releases. It will break many codes,
including Amber.

We will try to get bugfixes posted soon, certainly for the most recent
versions of the code. In the meantime, you can fix things yourself, or
retreat to an earlier version of the gnu compiler suite.

....dac