Re: [AMBER] Installation Problem : Amber 9

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 09:10:46 -0400

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011, souvik sur wrote:

> I am trying to install Amber9 in Red Hat Linux Enterprise version, i
> have done all the protocol of installation as described in CD but still
> when I want to locate any amber command like xleap, tleap, sander etc.
> it showed : no such file ;i have also set the AMBERHOME environment
> and type source .cshrc, it didnot show any error and I also found
> xleap, tleap, sander etc in amber9's exe directory, but still it is not
> running, It showed error when I typed make serial in $AMBERHOME/exe
> directory.

You need to include $AMBERHOME/exe in your PATH. If you don't understand how
to do this, see if you can find a friend who is familiar with computers to
help you out. The internet has many Linux tutorials that might also help:
you need to learn this sort of thing to be productive with Amber.

You seem already to have installed the programs (since you say that you found
them in the exe directory). So, you don't need to run "make" again, and would
certainly not do that from the exe directory in any event.

You need to type something like this:

setenv PATH $AMBERHOME/exe:$PATH

*but* you also need to do enough reading and experimenting to understand what
is going on here.

...good luck...dac