Re: [AMBER] Error While running RED III.4

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 21:29:56 +0200

Dear Hari Krishna,

> I am trying to calculate the force filed for my modified uridine base. I
> have generated the P2N files according to the tutorial. While running the
> RED perl program i got the following error message.
> ---------------------------
> * Welcome to R.E.D. III.4 *
> RESP ESP charge Derive
> http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/RED/
>
> CHARGE TYPE = RESP-A1
> ---------------------------
[...]
> * ERROR: DO NOT RUN THIS SCRIPT AS ROOT !*

This is just to stop users, who wish to run R.E.D. a superuser/root.

If you do want to use R.E.D. in the root login (I would not do that),
you just need to comment the following lines in the source code:

    print "\n\t\tERROR: DO NOT RUN THIS SCRIPT AS ROOT !\n\n";
    $check=0; Information();
    if($XRED eq "ON"){ print "\t\tPress Enter to exit.\n\n"; <STDIN>;
} exit(0);
}

regards, Francois