[AMBER] Fwd: Interpreting the distance covariance matrix

From: Sajeewa Pemasinghe <sajeewasp.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 12:32:31 -0400

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sajeewa Pemasinghe <sajeewasp.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 6:48 PM
Subject: Interpreting the distance covariance matrix
To: amber.ambermd.org

Hi,

I have run a distance-covarinace analysis for 22 alpha carbon atoms
specified by the mask1. I thought I would get a 22 by 22 symmetric matrix
where the diagonal elements correspond to the variances. Instead I got a 231
by 231 symmetric matrix. I am having a very hard time interpreting this.
This is my first time running a distance covariance calculation in amber. I
would really appreciate if you could give me some helpful explanation in
interpreting the structure of 231 by 231 matrix.

Best Regards
Sajeewa