Re: [AMBER] AmberTools 1.5 installation problem

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 08:16:36 -0400

On Thu, Jun 02, 2011, Siavoush Dastmalchi wrote:

> I was trying to install AmberTools 1.5, but have faced
> with couple of problem. I have downloaded it from
> http://ambermd.org/AmberTools-get.html and then copied the bugfix.all
> patch to $AMBERHOME directory. Then I did all the steps as instructed
> in the manual. First time I used gnu compilers but it failed, then I
> used intel compilers. It didn't finish without error but was much much
> better. When I performed the test, in majority of the cases the test
> passed and at the end I got the following lines showing that there are
> some problems.

Your results look fine to me. The "errors" in the summary are listed because
the script reports an "error" if Amber11 is not installed, but that is the
wrong word to be using. [Any developer want to try to make the output better
if Amber11 is not installed?]

We'd really like to know what problems you had with the gnu compilers,
since we use them all the time, and they are generally compatible with
AmberTools. Which version did you use ("gcc --version"), which OS, and
what was the problem?

...thanks...dac