Re: [AMBER] disappearing atoms using softcore TI - amber 11

From: Ignacio J. General <ijgeneral.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 10:05:27 -0400

Dear Zora,

I did some integrations from something in vacuum to nothing, but I didn't
use the option ifsc=2, because it was not clear to me how it works and what
it was doing. So I chose to use ifsc=1, and made everything in the system
disappear but one residue.

In your specific case, if you have a molecule with 7 residues, I would start
with the full molecule, and apply the charge mask to the 7 residues, but the
soft core mask to 6 of the 7 residues. In this way, you end up with only one
residue in vacuum, without charge.

I don't know exactly what you want to calculate, but this may be a good
option for you.

Regards,

Ignacio