[AMBER] disappearing atoms using softcore TI - amber 11

From: Zora Strelcova <stre.chemi.muni.cz>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 15:32:55 +0200

Dear Amber users,

I would like to pertube system (7 residues) in vacuum to nothing, but I am
forcing several problems:

My first calculations were performed in Amber 10 with the option ifsc=2 and
following input:

&cntrl
 imin=0,

 nstlim=200000,
 dt=0.001,
 irest=1,
 ntx=5,

 ntpr=1000,
 ntwx=1000,
 ntwr=1000,
 ioutfm=1,

 ig=RANDOM,
 ntf=1,
 ntb=0,
 cut=20,

 ntr=1,

 icfe=0,
 clambda=LAMBDA,
 ntc=2,
 ifsc=2,
 crgmask='CRGMASK',
 scmask='SCMASK',
&end
Hold the system fixed by restraints
 50
RES 1 7
END
END

In my run script I am changing the masks according to the system (here
SCMASK=:1-7), and LAMBDA according to the current window.

All the simulations end with the error report:

 Frac coord min, max: 0.167951042129902 1.00004556442007
 The system has extended beyond
     the extent of the virtual box.
 Restarting sander will recalculate
    a new virtual box with 30 Angstroms
    extra on each side, if there is a
    restart file for this configuration.
 SANDER BOMB in subroutine Routine: map_coords (ew_force.f)
 Atom out of bounds. If a restart has been written,
 restarting should resolve the error

Can you help me please to fix this problem?

On the other hand, I would like to run all TI simulations in amber 11. Since
ifsc=2 option is no more implemented in this version, I would like to ask,
how to set up such simulation. I have tried to prepare empty restart file
and empty topology file representing process V1, but I did not work.

Thank you for you suggestions, Zora