Re: [AMBER] Problem installing AMBER 11 (after installing AmberTools1.5)

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 07:53:27 -0400

Hi, it sounds like your netcdf might not have configured properly. My
comments are below:

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 6:11 AM, Marc van der Kamp
<marcvanderkamp.gmail.com> wrote:
> When doing 'make serial', I first got the following error:
>
> cp ../../AmberTools/src/netcdf/include/*.mod .
> cp: cannot stat `../../AmberTools/src/netcdf/include/*.mod': No such file or
> directory
> make[1]: *** [netcdf.mod] Error 1
>
> It turned out that $AMBERHOME/AmberTools/src/netcdf/include didn't exist,

When you ran "$AMBERHOME/AmberTools/src/configure" did you get a
message that "NetCDF configure succeeded"? Check near the end of
$AMBERHOME/AmberTools/src/netcdf_config.log for any error messages. It
should look something like:

config.status: creating f90/Makefile
config.status: creating examples/Makefile
config.status: creating examples/C/Makefile
config.status: creating examples/CDL/Makefile
config.status: creating examples/CXX/Makefile
config.status: creating examples/F90/Makefile
config.status: creating examples/F77/Makefile
config.status: creating config.h
config.status: creating fortran/nfconfig1.inc

Also, check your $AMBERHOME/AmberTools/src/config.h file. You should
have two lines in it that read:

NETCDF=netcdf.mod
NETCDFLIB=$(LIBDIR)/libnetcdf.a

> So I did 'make clean', and then made
> the $AMBERHOME/AmberTools/src/netcdf/include directory with simlinks to
> the $AMBERHOME/AmberTools/include/*mod files.

You shouldn't have to do any extra linking or copying. At this point I
would start with a clean directory, apply the bugfixes, the run
configure and check all the output before attempting to make.

-Dan