[AMBER] Regarding MTK++/MCPB program to derive parameters using side chain model

From: Naveen Samala <nsamal1.tigers.lsu.edu>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 15:00:22 -0500

Hi,

     I am working on deriving bond, angle and force parameters for a FE4S4
cluster. The FE4S4 cluster is bonded to four Cysteine residues, and the
whole structure looks like:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d5/Fe4S4.png. In my protein
this structure (the 4 sulphur atoms and 4 Iron atoms) forms a single
residue.

     When creating a side chain model in MTK++, in #Create non-standard
residue library: how can I make this residue a non-standard residue?

     In case of the example in MTK++ document, the ZN atom is considered as
a residue and it has been made non-standard type (copyStdResidue metals/.ZN
NAME/ZN1). In my case the whole FE4S4 residue needs to be made non-standard,
how could it be done? Please help.

Thanks,
Naveen Samala