[AMBER] strange volume contraction

From: Massimiliano Porrini <M.Porrini.ed.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 13:51:34 +0100

Dear all,

I am equilibrating my 16k atoms system (a peptide in a truncated
octahedron box of water) and I see
a "huge suspicious" contraction of the volume upon the beginning of
the production run (NVT Langevin dynamics).

Even the density behaves weirdly and
I attached a graph to show this behaviour (the production run starts at 500 ps).
Besides, during the equilibration process energies, density and volume
etc. look fine!

I used the following protocol (after minimization) to equilibrate the system:

- Langevin NVT at 300 K for 100ps (gamma_ln = 5.0)
- NPT at 300K and 1 atm for 400ps (gamma_ln = 5.0 and taup = 0.1)

and then for the production run I am using the following parameters:

- Langevin NVT at 300K (gamma_ln = 3.0).

Any idea/hint about this behaviour would be really appreciated.

Regards,
MP

--
Dr Massimiliano Porrini