Re: [AMBER] question about scmask

From: Lishan Yao <yaolisha.msu.edu>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2011 08:53:29 +0800

Hi,

Thank you for the response. I think what makes me confused is the scmask keyword. In the first case,
scmask=':3.CB,HB,CG2,HG21,HG22,HG23,OG1,HG1' for GTG and
scmask=':3.CB,HB1,HB2,HB3' for GAG
my understanding is that the atoms including ':3.CB,HB,CG2,HG21,HG22,HG23,OG1,HG1' are decoupled with softcore method from the surroundings while the atoms including scmask=':3.CB,HB1,HB2,HB3' are coupled to the surroundings.
In the second case,
scmask=':3.HB,CG2,HG21,HG22,HG23,OG1,HG1' for GTG and
scmask=':3.HB1,HB2,HB3' for GAG
atoms including ':3.HB,CG2,HG21,HG22,HG23,OG1,HG1' are decoupled with softcore method from the surroundings while the atoms including scmask=':3.HB1,HB2,HB3' are coupled to the surroundings. If my understanding is correct, I would expect the same deltaG values from one transformation since the initial and final state are the same for both cases (CB is a common atom in GTG and GAG, I would think it doesn't matter if I exclude it from scmask).

Best,
Lishan