[AMBER] ambertools 1.5, python and Mac

From: Alan Wilter Sousa da Silva <awilter.ebi.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 11:19:49 +0100

Hi there,

I finally found some time to play with AT 1.5. I am going through the
installation and notice that now configure try to handle the pythons modules
installation for a Mac. However, I use Fink, with its own gcc-4 and python
2.7.

I use Gcc/G++ from Fink because it's the only way I can cross-compile with
gfortran (which doesn't come with standard Mac).

So I am wondering how bad it will be to have the python module failing to
install, e.g.:

Failed to find the necessary bits to build these modules:
/sw/bin/ginstall: cannot create regular file
`/Users/alan/Programmes/amber11/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/Python':
No such file or directory
Failed to find the necessary bits to build these modules:

And even if I use "configure -nopython ..." I still see things like:

/usr/bin/gcc-4.2 -c -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -dynamic -g -O2
-DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O3 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -I. -IInclude -I./Include
  -DPy_BUILD_CORE -o Python/errors.o Python/errors.c
./Modules/getpath.c: In function ‘calculate_path’:

Like I said, I changed my configure to use 'gcc-4' and g++-4 (in /sw/bin/)
and I don't like to see references to other gcc during compilation.

Any suggestion of how to custom change configure to reflect the options I
have in my Mac?

Many thanks in advance,

Alan

--
Alan Wilter SOUSA da SILVA, DSc
Bioinformatician, UniProt - PANDA, EMBL-EBI