Re: [AMBER] pmemd.cuda crashes due to "Inconsistent hydrogen network"

From: Marc van der Kamp <marcvanderkamp.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 10:43:46 +0100

Hi Ross and others,

Last Sunday I sent you the files and last Monday I sent you a further update
(I managed to fix the prmtop manually and run pmemd.cuda succesfully).
Could you confirm if you have received these emails, or has something gone
wrong?

For everyone's information:
My original problem was caused by a faulty prmtop (created by CHAMBER).
It turned out that 1 (of 2) SAM molecule and 1 water molecule (the first)
are 'missing' in the prmtop, i.e.
1) under %FLAG RESIDUE_LABEL there is only one SAM listed (should be two)
and 12174 water molecules (should be 12175).
2) the equivalent problem is present under %FLAG RESIDUE_POINTER, which
misses the beginning atom numbers of the 2nd SAM and the 1st water molecule
(6653 and 6703, respectively).

By changing the RESIDUE_LABEL and RESIDUE_POINTER fields manually, and
further the correcting the SOLVENT_POINTER field, I was able to use the
prmtop successfully with pmemd.cuda_SPDP.

BTW, I agree with Scott that it would be good if the fortran-code (both
sander and pmemd) would pick the problem up as well.

Further, I've now come across a different, but probably related problem:
When I run pmemd.MPI with the manually fixed prmtop, the program crashes
just after reading in the .rst file with:
ERROR: PMEMD does not support intermolecular PRFs!

This is NOT the case with sander.MPI or with pmemd (serial version), both of
which run fine.
It turns out that this error stems from
$AMBERHOME/src/pmemd/src/mol_list.f90 (line 418), and by looking at the
code, at least I found that PRF stands for 'pseudo-residue fragment'
(couldn't find this in AMBER manuals or mailing list). This seems to be
something used for running under MPI.

Obviously, I don't want intermolecular PRFs, so maybe I need to fix
something else in the prmtop in order to correct this? But if so, what? Or
perhaps the problem lies deeper than that...
Others that actually know (a little) about the code may help me out here...
(Perhaps I should start a new thread...)

Any help appreciated!!
Marc