Re: [AMBER] Error on running parameter 'sander'

From: Sanjay kundu <sanjay.kundu4.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 14:53:27 +0530

Hi Ross,
By now I have checked my topology and coordinate file and both are for a gas
phase. I am not getting any output at all since the 'sander' process is
running endlessly without printing any data in the 'md_classical.out' file
and also have set the cut-off value to 8 and ntb=1 will be appropriate i
guess.

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 4:01 AM, Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi Sanjay,
>
> It would be useful to know where in the output it stopped. Did you get no
> output at all or did sander produce some output and then stop before
> printing the step 0 energies?
>
> My guess is that you are trying to run a periodic boundary calculation
> (ntb=1) but your topology and coordinate file are for a gas phase (or
> solvent cap) system.
>
> Additionally as a point of note you are running with a cut off of 20.0 but
> are using periodic boundaries. In this case your long range electrostatics
> are handled by the Particle Mesh Ewald algorithm and therefore a cutoff of
> 8.0 is fine and will give you much better performance.
>
> All the best
> Ross

Thanks and Regards,
'Sanjay Kundu'