Re: [AMBER] Error on running parameter 'sander'

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 15:31:19 -0700

Hi Sanjay,

It would be useful to know where in the output it stopped. Did you get no
output at all or did sander produce some output and then stop before
printing the step 0 energies?

My guess is that you are trying to run a periodic boundary calculation
(ntb=1) but your topology and coordinate file are for a gas phase (or
solvent cap) system.

Additionally as a point of note you are running with a cut off of 20.0 but
are using periodic boundaries. In this case your long range electrostatics
are handled by the Particle Mesh Ewald algorithm and therefore a cutoff of
8.0 is fine and will give you much better performance.

All the best
Ross