Re: [AMBER] another AmberTools problem

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 16:06:11 -0400

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011, Michael Forrester wrote:

> I've installed the new gcc version and gfortran however I am getting a new
> problem.

It would be good to know how you installed gfortran, since it is not working
(see below).

> Validating the C++ compiler version:
> g++ -v
> The version is
> ./configure: line 993: [: too many arguments
> OK

This means that g++ is not installed, which will be a problem. [Developers:
note that configure is failing to give a reasonable error message here when
there is no g++ in the PATH.]

> Testing the gfortran compiler:
> gfortran -O0 -o testp testp.f
> /usr/local/gfortran/libexec/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.7.0/f951: error while
> such file or directory
> ./configure: line 1020: ./testp: No such file or directory
> Unable to compile a Fortran program using gfortran -O0

This is now essentially a fatal error. You can Google on "libmpc.so.2" and
see if any of the many posts about this seem to be relevant. If you post the
exact commands you used to install the compilers, it might help. Also, you
might want to consult http://ambermd.org/ubuntu.html to see which things need
to be installed. [Developers: can we update this page to more recent
releases, and to more flavors of Linux?]

> Testing flex:
> ./configure: line 1117: flex: command not found
> Unable to run flex; this is recommended for NAB
> Please check your PATH, or install the program

Having flex is certainly a good idea.

You will certainly need to fix the gfortran problem before trying to continue.

...good luck...dac