Re: [AMBER] problem about addions

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2011 22:56:07 -0700

Just to add on to what Ross said -- there may be an instance in which you'd
want to keep 2 different AMBERHOMEs around -- i.e. if you want to run
amber10, yet use AmberTools 1.4.

In this case, make sure that AMBERHOME points to AmberTools 1.4 (since only
AmberTools programs actually make use of AMBERHOME after installation), and
that your PATH is set up to point to AmberTools 1.4's bin directory BEFORE
it points to your amber10 bin directory.

This (and only this) setup allows you to use AmberTools 1.4 with amber <
11. Of course, you can always use an absolute path instead of ordering your
PATH variable appropriately ($AMBERHOME/bin/xleap).

Of course, if this is not the case I would strongly suggest that you get rid
of your old AMBERHOME (if not delete the files then at least get rid of all
references to it in your environment variables).

Hope this helps,
Jason

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida