Re: [AMBER] Compare simulations done with AMBER9 to ones done with AMBER11 Cuda?

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 13:11:09 -0700

Hi Antje,

Without wanting to confuse you I should probably just add the additional
caveat that the GPU code is still considered experimental. There are
differences in the precision model used so while we have tried to work hard
to make things directly comparable you should be aware of this when running
such calculations.

The CPU code is well tested though so AMBER 9 to AMBER 11 is perfectly
reasonable for direct comparisons.

All of this of course assumes that your system is stable and well behaved to
begin with. If you have highly strained atoms in your system then all bets
are of course off.

Good luck,

All the best
Ross