Re: [AMBER] Query regarding considering water molecules

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 10:21:53 -0700

Molecular dynamics has no concept of "ligand" or "receptor". Particles are
either there or they are not.

The only time you have to decide whether to include something as a "ligand"
or a "receptor" is for MM/PBSA analysis. In that case, think carefully
about what you're actually trying to measure -- that will decide where they
should be included.

Hope this helps,
Jason

On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 8:46 AM, sonam bhatia <sonamniper.bhatia.gmail.com>wrote:

> I want to perform MD simulation on the protein containing Mg and Zn ions
> and
> 5 water molecules in active site which are necessary to kept during
> simulation. I am facing problem how to consider those water molecules,
> either part of protein or as a part of ligand?
> Or any other method is there for their treatment?
>

> --
> *Sonam Bhatia,*
> *Ph.D. Scholar,
> Department of Medicinal chemistry,
> National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER),
> Sector 67, phase 10,S.A.S Nagar,
> Punjab-160062. India*

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida