Re: [AMBER] making lib file

From: Mark M Huntress <markmh.bgsu.edu>
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2011 10:39:06 -0400

Thanks, I will do that then.
From: Jason Swails [jason.swails.gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, April 01, 2011 2:08 PM
To: AMBER Mailing List
Subject: Re: [AMBER] making lib file

On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 10:57 AM, Mark M Huntress <markmh.bgsu.edu> wrote:

> Hi, I am generating parameters (.prmtop file) for an organic molecule, and
> I am curious about the way to make the library file, specifically, should I
> load the NEWPDB.PDB file that is generated by antechamber? (Should I include
> the commands that are commented out?) I tried it both ways, and there were
> differences in the .lib files, and in the .prmtop files between the two
> methods. Is one of them WRONG? Or could I use either method? Thanks.

Load the prepin file. Another suggestion I have, perhaps, is to use the
mol2 file format instead of the amber prep format.

To save the OFF file, use:

loadamberprep Eresp.prepin

saveoff *MOL* Eresp.lib

Here, *MOL* is the residue name in your prepin file. You can use the "list"
command after you load it in leap to see which residue was added.

I would suggest doing this in its own leap session so you don't have other
stuff confusing things.

Hope this helps,
Jason

> module load amber9
> $AMBERHOME/exe/antechamber -i Eresp.log -fi gout -nc 1 -o Eresp.prepin -fo
> prepi -c resp -s 2 #(NEWPDB.PDB has been generated now from the log file)
> parmchk -i Eresp.prepin -f prepin -o Eresp.frcmod -p gaff.dat
> $AMBERHOME/exe/tleap
> source leaprc.gaff
> loadamberprep Eresp.prepin
> mods = loadamberparams Eresp.frcmod
> #mol = loadpdb NEWPDB.PDB #?????????????????
> #saveoff mol Eresp.lib
> saveoff MOL Eresp.lib
>

> module load amber9
> $AMBERHOME/exe/tleap
> source leaprc.ff03
> source leaprc.gaff
> loadoff moh.lib
> loadoff Eresp.lib
> mods = loadamberparams Eresp.frcmod
> mol = loadpdb Erespgood.pdb
> saveamberparm mol Eresp.prmtop Eresp.crd
> quit

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida
Ph.D. Candidate