[AMBER] PBSA calculations for wild type and a mutant

From: Mahmoud Soliman <mahmoudelkot.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2011 22:15:09 +0200

   Hi Amber users,
   I read through the tutorial concerning binding energy calculations for the
   wild type and alanine mutant (alanine scanning). What I understand from the
   tutorial is that the mdcrd file is needed only for the wild but not for the
   mutant (which means we do not need to run MD simulation for the mutant), am
   I right???
   My second question is, if I run two independent MD runs for the wild and the
   alanine mutant, then calculate the PBSA binding energies for these two
   systems independently, will that give me more accurate estimate about the
   contribution of alanine to the binding than the scanning procedure does?
   Best wishes
   Mahmoud