[AMBER] restart from stopped MMPBSA.py.MPI job

From: Christoph Malisi <christoph.malisi.tuebingen.mpg.de>
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2011 16:06:04 +0200

Hi,

I am using the MMPBSA.py.MPI script included in amber 11 on a computing
cluster. Unfortunately, it sometimes happens that jobs are stopped or
get rescheduled for administrative reasons beyond my control.
In the MMPBSA.py documentation, I cannot find any info on how to restart
them in an intelligent way without beginning from scratch.
For example, one job is started with the input file:

Input File for running PB and GB
&general
   startframe=4750,
   endframe=5000,
   interval=1,
   keep_files=0,
/
&gb
   igb=5,
   saltcon=0.100,
/
&pb
   istrng=0.100,
/
&decomp
   idecomp=3,
   print_res="33-38; 41; 149; 152-153; 176-183; 204"
   dec_verbose=3,
/

It is run on several nodes in parallel with MMPBSA.py.MPI. There is only
one restrt file present in the directory; and the temp files startin
with _MMPBSA_.

* Can I use the restrt (or some other temp file) to continue from where
the job stopped?
* when the GB calculations are already done, can I create an output file
(like FINAL_RESULTS_MMPBSA.dat) from the _MMPBSA_receptor_gb.mdout.X
_MMPBSA_ligand_gb.mdout.X _MMPBSA_complex_gb.mdout.X files?

Thanks,
Chris