Re: [AMBER] Ptraj Mask option

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 00:44:56 -0700

Hello,

The mask given in the RMSD command is what will be both fit AND calculated.
I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to do, but what I think you're
trying to do is fit based on one atom selection and calculate the RMSD based
on a different atom selection. (Note that you can accomplish a fit on every
atom NOT in a specific mask and then calculate the RMSD on everything IN
that mask with this approach, if that's what you're trying to do).

rms first mass <mask1>
rms first mass out filename.dat <mask2> nofit

This will fit to the first mask, then dump the RMSD values for each frame
based on mask2 to filename.dat WITHOUT re-fitting to that mask.

Hope this helps,
Jason

On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 12:03 AM, Rajeswari A.
<rajeswari.biotech.gmail.com>wrote:

> Dear Amber Users,
>
> I have a basic doubt in ptraj rmsd calculation.
> 1. when we are giving mask residues for rmsd calculation, whether it
> superimposes excluding the mask residues and find rmsd of that mask region?
> 2. If not is there a way to do that in ptraj?
>
> I found MMTSB has this option. But i wanted to know in ptraj is there a
> way?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Rajeswari. A
> Research Scholar,