Re: [AMBER] AMBER 10 serial compile problem

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 11:09:46 -0700

This is not very helpful when it comes to debugging. At this point, I would
suggest removing your entire amber10 directory and unpacking a fresh copy,
and starting from scratch. Don't forget to apply bug fixes (AmberTools 1.2
and Amber10).

Then document the *exact* shell commands you issued, and try redirecting all
stderr/stdout streams for all configure/building steps into files that you
can attach if stuff goes wrong. Also, make sure that

echo $MKL_HOME

returns a null string.

To direct stdout and stderr streams for a process (for instance, when making
amber), do the following

make serial > serial.log 2>&1

(if you're using bash). This will dump all output and error messages into
serial.log. Do the same for configure. If you want to look at the output
at the same time as it's dumping into a file, you can do the following:

(make serial 2>&1) | tee serial.log

Also, like I said previously, install protocols change, and our configure
script is usually updated as necessary to reflect that. When Amber10 was
released, these issues didn't exist. These have since been addressed with
the release of Amber11, which has many more features in addition to being
easier to install. It may be advantageous to upgrade.

All the best,
Jason

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida