Re: [AMBER] MMPBSA.py: Factoring in the contribution of individual HOH molecules to delta G

From: George Tzotzos <gtzotzos.me.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 18:45:47 +0100

Thanks Jason / Bill

Your answers generated a couple of additional questions

1. Re Bill's answer

I assume that I would have to set the strip_mask to remove all waters but the one that I'm interested in. Looking at the manual I fail to see what is the syntax for this operation. My molecular viewer shows that the HOH in question is numbered as molecule 2952.

Would a syntax like the one below work?

Input file for running PB and GB
&general
   endframe=50, verbose=1,
   strip_mask=WAT2952
# entropy=1,
/
&gb
  igb=2, saltcon=0.100
/
&pb
  istrng=0.100,
/

2. Re jason's answer

Am I correct to assume that you mean that I need to strip manually the solvated_prmtop from all waters and ions except my water of interest? If this is the case, how does one work the numbering, e.g. identify the atoms of HOH 2952?

Apologies if the above is trivial but I'm relatively inexperienced.

Best regards

George