Re: [AMBER] Problems with TIP5P water

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 09:18:21 -0800

Hi Tommaso,

> First minimization
> &cntrl
> imin = 1,
> maxcyc = 3500,
> ncyc = 1500,
> ntb = 1,
> ntr = 0,
> cut = 15
> /

You don't need a cut of 15 here since you have PME. 8 will do.

> Did I miss something?
> Now I try to set the simulation with ntp=1, since I missed it.

ntp=1 is the default so that won't help.

> I built the initial structure with the utility packmol. I don't know
> other methods in order to set the initial system, because, if I use
> the solvatebox command of tleap with my box of PG molecules, I obtain
> a box which is too large with a huge number of water molecules (>
> 190,000).

The starting structure is almost certainly your problem. Try setting ntpr=1
and maxcyc=10. Then see which atom is reported to have the highest force on
it and go take a look at that atom in your starting structure. Posting your
output from this run will also aid people helping you.

All the best
Ross

/\
\/