Re: [AMBER] Problems with TIP5P water

From: <tommaso.casalini.mail.polimi.it>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 17:55:32 +0100

First of all, thank you for your answer.
I am using Amber 9, and the input file is the following:

First minimization
  &cntrl
   imin = 1,
   maxcyc = 3500,
   ncyc = 1500,
   ntb = 1,
   ntr = 0,
   cut = 15
  /

Did I miss something?

I built the initial structure with the utility packmol. I don't know
other methods in order to set the initial system, because, if I use
the solvatebox command of tleap with my box of PG molecules, I obtain
a box which is too large with a huge number of water molecules (>
190,000).

The system is neutral, I am sure, and parameters are correct. PG
charges are computed with respgen starting from a computation of ESP
with Gaussian 03, using b3lyp/6-311+g(d,p).

Now I try to set the simulation with ntp=1, since I missed it.

Thank you again!

Tommaso