Re: [AMBER] Is MM-PBSA energy for protein-DNA (~ 40 base pairs) as large as -400 kcal/mol reasonable?

From: Kevin Hauser <84hauser.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 11:02:42 -0500

Hi, Catherine,

I have used MM/PBSA with a similar system and obtained a similarly huge
binding free energy. However, I was interested in how mutations affected the
binding free energy, the "delta-delta-G". This ddG is what's
"quantitatively" correct, not, usually, the dG as I believe you have
reported below.

HTH,
kevin

On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 10:26 AM, Catein Catherine
<askamber23.hotmail.com>wrote:

> Dear Sir/Madam,
>
> Any one reported MM/GBSA or MM/PBSA of a binding energy between DNA and
> Protein could be as large as -400 kcal/mol?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Catherine.

-- - -
HK