Re: [AMBER] suppose.nab

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 16:16:36 -0500

On Mon, Dec 20, 2010, Mark Foster wrote:

> I (finally) succeeded in installing AmberTools 1.4 on my OSX 10.6 mac
> using fink-installed gcc-4.4. To do so, I replaced instances of gcc and
> g++ in the configure script with gcc-4 and g++4. Most tests PASSED.

If the tests pass, it means you can run NAB.

> However, I am not able to run NAB independently:
>
> [kex:AmberTools/examples/suppose] foster% nab --v

> Undefined symbols:
> "_main", referenced from:
> start in crt1.10.5.o
> ld: symbol(s) not found
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> cc failed!

This is expected...you tried to compile a (non-existent) NAB program.
Admittedly, there should be a better error message if there is no input file.

> [kex:AmberTools/examples/suppose] foster% nab suppose.nab
> Undefined symbols:
> "_MAT_istrue", referenced from:
> _main in ccFNRvC6.o

Ah...this is a bug, undetected for a good many years! I will post a bugfix,
but for now, edit $AMBERHOME/AmberTools/src/nss/Makefile, and remove line 25
(" matop.o \"). Then cd to $AMBERHOME/AmberTools/src and type "make
nabonly".

Thanks for the report.

....dac