Re: [AMBER] cyclic peptide

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2010 15:42:34 +0100

Dear Dr Case, dear Rossella,

I might have overlooked what Rossella asked, sorry. But the strategy
remains identical to what I proposed in my former email.

  One builds a molecular fragment from a whole molecule:

     R1-CH2-CH2-CH2-R2 --> CH2-CH2-CH2
    <--> <-->
   (1) (2)
   (1) & (2): two intra-molecular charge constraints = 0

The key is to correctly select the R1 & R2 chemical groups. I would
start using once again ACE (MeCO for a ketone) and NME (NHMe for an
amine). The statistic module of R.E.D. Server should provide the
answer if "yes" or "no" these ACE & NME capping groups are suitable to
generate the CH2-CH2-CH2 building block in your case.

See for instance:
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDS/faq.php
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDS/faq.php#1
   then
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/DNA-FFTopDB/P1.html
You go . "Charge value comparison" in the graphical interface:
   and click on
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/DNA-FFTopDB/P1/Data-R.E.D.Server/Mol_MM/stat-RESP-FIT_mm

In this example, you get charge values obtained for a whole molecule
without constraint versus a multiple molecule charge fit with charge
constraint... The same type of file is generated when a single
molecule is involved in the fit with intra-molecular charge constraint
versus without intra-molecular charge constraint.

[Finally we could also imagine to rebuild the central fragments of PRO
and PHE (same approach as above; may-be even the best bet) since they
were originally built to connect an amide; and not a ketone and an
amine]

regards, Francois