Re: [AMBER] Installation problem on Mac

From: Timothy J Giese <timothyjgiese.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2010 09:00:59 -0500

On 12/06/2010 08:28 AM, George Tzotzos wrote:

> 1. Installed gcc44 from MacPorts
>
> 2. Downloaded and installed mpich2 from http://www.mcs.anl.gov/research/projects/mpich2/
>
> 3. Made a serial installation of amber11 and make clean
>
> 4. Did ./configure -mpi gnu
>

> cpp -traditional -P -DBINTRAJ -DMPI -I/include -DPBSA sa_driver.f> _sa_driver.f
> mpif90 -c -O3 -mtune=generic -ffree-form -o sa_driver.o _sa_driver.f
> Unfortunately, this installation of Open MPI was not compiled with
> Fortran 90 support. As such, the mpif90 compiler is non-functional.

Well, the error suggests that your mpich2 wasn't configured properly
to compile fortran mpi codes.
I don't know what configure command you used, but the
installation guide
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/research/projects/mpich2/documentation/files/mpich2-1.3-installguide.pdf
notes that you can't set the fortran compiler and flags as arguments
to the configure script. Instead you need to set them via environmental
variables before running configure. The example they give in the
guide is:
setenv F77 f77
setenv FFLAGS "-f -N15"
setenv FCFLAGS "-YALL_NAMES=LCS -YEXT_SFX=_"
however, what you should use depends on the compiler and shell that you
are using.

Forget about amber for a moment. Can you get your MPICH2 installation
to work with ANY fortran mpi program?
Try compiling and running a simple fortran mpi hello world example:
http://www.dartmouth.edu/~rc/classes/intro_mpi/hello_world_ex.html

-Tim