Re: [AMBER] Trajectory

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 08:43:26 -0500

if by MSD you mean root mean square deviations (rmsd) then you can use the
rms command in ptraj. if you don't want the root, you can square the values
afterward. you do not need to center the trajectory first, since rms does a
best-fit prior to the calculation of deviation.

note however, that this doesn't give you the "diffusion of residues" that
you mentioned. you'll need to be more clear about what you want to
calculate.