Re: [AMBER] RMSD doubt

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 13:48:59 -0400

it depends on what you want to know. if you want the change in the internal
structure of the loop, use the loop residues only. if you want the rmsd of
the loop with respect to the protein, fit the protein with an rms command
(no loop) and then do another rms command with loop residues only and say
"nofit". the syntax is in the manual.
which of these you want to do depends on what you want to klearn- there
isn't a right or wrong answer. you need to think about what is being
measured and what you want to know.