Re: [AMBER] Fwd: Fwd: Incorrect handling of phenylalanine amide by antechamber

From: Francesco Pietra <chiendarret.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 15:54:07 +0200

It was a long story and surely tedious to follow by people uninvolved
in attempts to generate this new residue in the Amber world. I repeat
what I wrote. Leap crashed or, sometimes, hang up (on attempts to load
the mol2 file) if PHA residue was numbered 4. If numbered 1, as in the
files that I sent, leap produces prmtop/inpcrd. However, these files
are not accepted by Chimera ("index out of range"), while VMD shows an
extremely distorted molecule, especially as to the NH2 (of CONH2) and
phenyl moieties.

Susequently I also sent the frcmod file because, of course, it was
loaded after the mol2 file in generating prmtop/frcmod.

I also saved the *.lib file, if you want to see it.

Leap comes from the same compilation, as antechamber, or ambertools
1.2, i.e., fully patched.

I also wrote that it is the first time (out of very many) that I
encounter such problems (distorted molecule on loading prmtop/inpcrd
from antechamber-leap), from Amber 8 to my present version 10. I
assumed that VMD is telling the truth.

To chck if VMD is posing a false problem, I run antechamber-leap with
sustiva.pdb (tutorial b4), encountering no problem. From prmto/inpcrd
Chimera showed the arene bonds as pseudobonds, which must be a bug in
Chimera as it occurs with all other my mol2 files for aromatic
molecules, while VMD showed the molecule correctly. I checked the mol2
format against its standard description without detecting anomalies
but something wrong must have escaped my attention.

thanks for your kind attention
francesco