Re: [AMBER] TI +- variance is coming out to be very high

From: <steinbrt.rci.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 08:48:26 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

for relative binding energies you should not need restraints, as there are
always real parts of the molecules anchoring it in place.

> The maximum dv/dl rmsf in above example of yours is 3.655, where as the
> two
> ligand which I am dealing with shows maximum rmsf of approx 11 with the
> transformation of 14 unique atoms.

Thats not a small change, so the larger rmsf looks reasonable to me. It
depends on what you want to get out of your data to judge if that is
acceptable.

> Please find the plots as pdf this time.

your vdW curves look a bit bumpy still, be prepared to run more lambda
points, especially at higher l-values. are you using the softcore module
for the vdW changes?

Kind Regards,

Thomas

Dr. Thomas Steinbrecher