Re: [AMBER] TI +- variance is coming out to be very high

From: <steinbrt.rci.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 06:31:27 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

from what you send me it seems like you are removing a complete ligand to
get the total binding free energy. That is a pretty advanced type of
simulation and not easy to get to reasonably converged results. You
probably have to introduce restraints at some point before your ligand
diffuses away, plus getting a smooth vdW curve even for small ligands can
be tricky. This is quite a complicated research project, so be sure to
experiment a lot and follow other peoples work on the topic (B. Roux and
M. Shirts groups come to mind among others)

> I am also running few more lambda values for vdw decoupling in order to
get better convergence.

be prepared to make that many more and longer simulations...

Sorry, but I couldn't see your attachment, as it's docx, but feel free to
resend the curves in an open format,

Kind Regards,

Thomas

Dr. Thomas Steinbrecher