[AMBER] Sugars flexibility vs ionic strength

From: Sergey Samsonov <sergeys.biotec.tu-dresden.de>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2010 12:00:13 +0200

  Dear All,

I've been checking, how the flexibility of some saccharides changes (in
terms of glycosidic linkages dihedrals) depending on ionic strength.
What I found is that there are neither quantitative, no qualitative
differences for the effect of ionic strength in the range I used (from 0
up to quite extreme 5M for NaCl). Do you think this could be explained
by real physical nature of sugars flexibility or it is rather the force
field (I used ff03 + GLYCAM06) inability to find such effects as changes
in flexibility of molecules (or their diffusion constant, which I also
checked) under different values of ionic strength in solvent?

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Sergey