Re: [AMBER] cubic box

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 11:40:48 -0400

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010, subrata paul wrote:

> First we creat 10 disaccharide in xleap using GLYCAM_06 force field.
> then we
> >solvatebox 10_disa SPCBOX 3.0
                            ^^^^^^

This is (probably) way too small a solvent shell. If you want to make a "box"
with a certain concentration of sugars in water, I suggest you look at the
packmol program.

> This is not a cubic box .

Correct; amber has no simple way to enforce a cubic box. I'm not sure if/how
packmol addresses this requirement.

> to make cubic box we set..
> > set 10_disa box {32.0 32.0 32.0}

This statement might be causing the problem; try first using a bigger water
shell, and avoiding this statement. That will give you some experience with a
non-cubic box. Then you can tackle the problem of how to make everything
cubic (assuming that is really needed).

...good luck....dac