[AMBER] problem of GTX480 running pmemd.cuda

From: Yi Xue <snowrecall.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 23:23:18 +0800

Dear Amber users,

I've been running pmemd.cuda on GTX480 for two months (implicit solvent
simulation). Occasionally, the program would get stuck: the process is
running ok when typing "top"; output file "md.out" just prints out energy
terms at some time point but does not get updated any more; temperature of
GPU will decrease by ~13C, but it is still higher than the idle temperature
by ~25C. After I restart the current trajectory, the problem would be gone
in most cases.

It seems like in that case the job cannot be summited to (or executed in)
GPU unit. I'm wondering if this issue also happens to other people...

Thanks for any response.