Re: [AMBER] eV to kcal/mol conversion factor

From: Gustavo Seabra <gustavo.seabra.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 10:51:41 -0300

HI,

I agree that the relative energies are the real relevant information,
and this is comforting from the developer's point of view because at
least previous work is not invalidated.

However, there seems to be no disadvantage on moving to more precise
values for the physical constants and conversion factors, aside from
the fact that results may not match previous work, which may be a
problem for the test cases. In this case, some "use_old_constants"
option could solve this last problem.

Cheers,
Gustavo Seabra
Professor Adjunto