Re: [AMBER] eV to kcal/mol conversion factor

From: Ben Roberts <roberts.qtp.ufl.edu>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 09:34:08 -0400

Hi Adrian,

Yes. I agree that absolute energies are not necessarily informative, and that it takes a rather large absolute energy for the error to manifest in terms of kcal/mol.

I guess, then, the only other question is that of forces - but again, I suppose, the QM force would have to be very large, both absolutely and relative to the other components of the force, for the difference to become important. Now that I look at it, I suppose two parts in 100,000 is not such a big deal.

Ben