Re: [AMBER] very slow work of ptraj on cluster

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 16:08:26 -0400

It's difficult to comment in too much detail based on the information
you have given. What version of ptraj are you running, and what
compilers did you use to build it? How big is the system you are
running ptraj on, and how long is the trajectory you are processing?
What sort of actions are you performing (I assume at least an RMSD
calculation from the name of your input file). What output does ptraj
give, if any? Also, why are you using 'mpirun' for a single processor
job? If you don't use 'mpirun' does it complete faster?

-Dan