Re: [AMBER] Equilibration

From: Gustavo Seabra <gustavo.seabra.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 22:28:29 -0300

I agree with Bhavaraju:

It is unlikely that the difference in the RMSF comes from use if
iwrap. As I mentioned in my first reply, your heating is indeed too
fast, so it is very likely that none of your calculations is
converged.

First, 20 or even 40ps is too small a time for heating. Myself, I
usually do that in at least 2 steps: 100ps to take the system from
0-100K, then another 100-150ps to take the system from 100 to 300K
(NVT). Of course, that can vary depending on the system.

Then comes the constant pressure part. You don't mention how long that
equilibration was, but it should be long, probably longer than the NVT
simulations. For some systems, for example, I have used up to 2ns, but
that again can depend on the system.

Finally, you also don't mention what are the conditions of the final
15ns simulations. Is it NPT, NVT, NVE, etc?

Cheers,
Gustavo Seabra.