[AMBER] PTRAJ: closest & strip in one script or separate

From: Amor San Juan <amorsanjuan.yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 02:33:50 -0700 (PDT)

Is it possible to create a script in ptraj wherein both closest and strip commands are present?

The script I used for closest:

closest 10 :200
image :WAT byres
rms first mass :1-199

The output trajectory (in order as it appears) contains :
protein
ligand
waters(10) closest
remaining tip3p water

The script was able to find the ten closest waters near the ligand (:200) and write it in the output immediately afer the protein+ligand. The problem is the unselected waters (thousands and thousands) are still in the output. I tried to experiment on adding the strip command in above script but was not successful. Also, the other way around is from the output above I make a separate ptraj script to strip the waters 211-9199. Both are not successful.

My aim is to get an output trajectory (P+L+W10), such that P=protein,L=ligand,W10=ten closest waters. And feed this into MMPBSA for binding energy calculation.

Amor