Re: [AMBER] Syntax for using RRES and LRES to turn on per residue decomposition (idecomp = 2) in a TI calculation

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 15:29:09 -0400

Hello,

The RRES, LRES, RES cards have to come after the &cntrl namelist, not inside
it. They also each need a title, as explained in a recent post. Change
your mdin file as such:

mdin file
&cntrl
   ... list variables here ...
/
Receptor residues
RRES # #
END
Ligand residues
LRES # #
END
END

Or something to that effect. You can also use mm_pbsa.pl to automatically
create the input files.

Good luck!
Jason

On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 3:05 PM, g t <sketchfoot.gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, please excuse me as I do not have a lot of experience with AMBER. I
> have
> been finding the correct syntax to use for per residue decomposition. I am
> using amber 10 with the mpi version of sander. I cannot find any example of
> using RRES cards with sander in the manual.
>
> my input file for the production run looks like this:
>
> NPT
> production
> &cntrl
>
> imin = 0, ntx = 5, irest =
> 1,
> ntpr = 10, ntwr = 1000, ntwx =
> 0,
> ntf = 2, ntc =
> 2,
> ntb = 2, cut =
> 9.0,
> nstlim = 1000, dt =
> 0.002,
> temp0 = 300.0, ntt = 3, gamma_ln =
> 2,
> ntp = 1, pres0 = 1.0, taup =
> 2.0,
> icfe=1, clambda =
> 0.1,
> idecomp =
> 2,
> RRES 1
> 10
> RES 1 10
>

> ifsc=0,
>

> crgmask='',
>
> &end
>
> I have tried a variety of other variations, but always get the message "
> error in reading namelist cntrl". If anyone could help me with my syntax, I
> would be obliged.
>
> best regards,
> GT

Quantum Theory Project,