Re: [AMBER] Double bonds ?

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 18:18:00 -0400

On Tue, Aug 17, 2010, Marek Maly wrote:

> I want to simulate bilirubin (
> http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6a/Bilirubin.svg ) which
> contains double bonds.
> Shall I take care in this case about the double bons during Atechamber
> parametrisation (creation of prepin, frcmod files )
> or later in tleap/sleap after loading the structure or it is enough to
> provide just reasonable structures
> in PDB format and Antechamber or later tleap/sleap will do automatically
> proper atom types assignment/double bonds recognition ?

Amber and GAFF force fields don't have any formal concept of bond order.
A typical input to antechamber would be a pdb file, which just has
coordinates. You do need to take care with conjugated systems, however --
these are tough for simple force fields, and you may not be fully happy with
what the automated procedures produce.

....dac