Re: [AMBER] How to change temperature in mm_pbsa.pl script

From: Bill Miller III <brmilleriii.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 11:04:01 -0400

The energy difference you mentioned (-44.23 vs. -67.1321) is comparing two
different models: The -44.23 comes from using the GB implicit model and
-67.1321 comes from running the PB implicit model. This large of a
difference is fairly common between GB and PB since GB is really just a
cheap approximation of PB. If you look at the two PB models, they are
actually relatively close (-63.39 from mm_pbsa.pl and -67.1321 from
MMPBSA.py). Several of the default values in MMPBSA.py are different from
the suggested values in mm_pbsa.pl, and those differences probably account
for the small difference seen in MM-PBSA results. See the manual for the
default values for the input files.

I hope that helps.

-Bill

Bill Miller III